Account Executive for Chicago, IL and St. Louis, MO
The Agency Representative communicates with prospective and current customers the value proposition of Gateway while developing and growing relationships with these customers through on-site meetings and telling the Gateway Story.
- Prospecting for new customers (Retail P&C Agencies) via telephone, internet or while traveling.
- Establishing and growing the customer base to generate new business premium.
- Following up and maintaining strong relationships with existing customer base.
- Making a minimum of 16 customer visits per week in large geographic area.
- Managing sales territory to maximize premium growth and customer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicating with Gateway’s in-house underwriting team.
- Maximizing time management techniques in setting and implementing customer appointments.
- Attending and participating in sales and management meetings.
- Utilizing Gateway Sales Systems (ACT), Operating Systems (AIM) and Microsoft Office software to maximize potential business growth through documentation and written/verbal communication as needed.
- Enhancing personal development through Continuing Education courses and attaining Insurance Designations (RPLU, ASLI, AINS, CPCU)
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in training new teammates.
- Actively participate in team huddles
- Communicate ideas for procedural or workflow improvement.
- Assist the administrative specialist when needed
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills.
- A positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and manage their own schedule
- The ability to learn and comprehend quickly.
- A history of personal and business development.
- A history of successful planning & execution of customer travel.
- Have a state driver’s license and driving record in good standing.
- Competitive starting salary with potential year end bonus.
- Fully paid medical benefits and profit sharing program.
- College Degree